Have you got what it takes to be your own boss?
Do you have a product you ‘d like to sell? Do you have an idea that you think could make a lot of money? Are you interested in running your own business? Are you the entrepreneurial type?
The quiz below should give you some help in deciding if you have the kind of background, personality, and habits suitable for running your own business. Read the statements and put a check in the box marked YES if the report describes you. If it does not, put a check in the box marked NO. There are no right or wrong answers. It is important to be honest and as accurate as possible.
What kind of entrepreneurial abilities and experiences do I have?
- I have a close relative who is or was in business for themselves: yes/no
- I’ve had a previous venture: yes/no.
- As a child, I sold lemonade, took up a paper route, or figured out money-making projects: yes/ no.
- I’ve started things such as service clubs, community organizations, fund-raising projects: yes/no.
- When I think of the future, I see myself running my own business: yes/ no.
Many entrepreneurs grow up in families in which one or both parents were entrepreneurs and exposed to the ups and downs of running a small business: yes/no
Am I a self-starter?
- I’m a doer more than a planner. I’ve got a lot of energy and drive: yes/no.
- I enjoy solving challenging problems: yes/no.
- I can count on myself to get things done: yes/no.
- Even if they say, “It can’t be done,” I still have to find out for myself: yes/no.
- Even if I’ve had a setback, I still pick up the pieces and start over again: yes/ no.
- Studies of successful entrepreneurs show they believe they control their destiny and refuse to be at the mercy of others or events.
Am I a risk-taker?
- I am willing to invest and possibly lose my life savings in my venture: yes.no.
- I don’t panic easily. I’m calm in crisis and uncertainty: yes/no.
- The future is exciting for me. I’m not afraid of it: yes/no.
- I don’t worry very much about what other people think of me: yes/no.
- I see myself as stable and in control; yes/no.
- Entrepreneurs have a high level of self-confidence. They’re not afraid to put themselves in situations where they are personally responsible for success or failure.
Do I have managerial skills?
- I communicate well. People understand me: yes/ no
- I find it easy to get other people to do things for me: yes/ no
- I manage my time well and organize my tasks before getting started: yes/no
- I’m versatile and capable of dealing well with many different jobs at once: yes/no
- Successful entrepreneurs usually have excellent managerial skills. They’re people-oriented as well as ideas-oriented.
Well? How did you score? If you answered yes to a majority of the questions, you may have the experience and type of personality that would make you a successful entrepreneur.
Your traits include a streak of independence and self-reliance.
You tend to believe firmly in yourself and your abilities. And you’re convinced that you can achieve the goals you set for yourself.
But there’s more to becoming an entrepreneur than just having the right temperament and experience. You need to have a product or service to sell and a market that needs what you have to offer. You have to be willing to make the commitment of time and money that your new business may require.
This quiz is only the first step toward your decision to go out on your own. There are many other steps and choices to make if you want to become an entrepreneur.
Entrepreneurial Personality Skills.
- Good listener
- Business Oriented
- Good health
© Wordscapes® (David Turner). All Rights Reserved.