Never before has job search been more challenging. To succeed in getting work in today’s competitive and changing market, you need up-to-date, creative job search skills.
Job search involves:
– self-knowledge and self-acceptance
– knowledge of the job market and your specific job targets
– job search tools, such as resumes, cover letters, letters of inquiry, thank you letters
– interview presentation skills
– ability to deal with rejection
– ability to deal with a job offer (decision-making and negotiation skills).
Whether you’re experiencing work search for the first time or for the first time in a few years, a positive result will take.
The job search is selling. Successful salespersons know their product, including its strengths and weaknesses. Salespeople emphasize the strengths and anticipate buyer resistance to the weak points. The same principles apply to the job search. The product is you.
Knowing what you are looking for is the key to a productive work search. Setting your job search strategy will be more comfortable when you determine your targets.
To match your needs, interests, aptitudes and competencies (skills) to the world of work requires considerable self-analysis. If you invest the time and energy, you will be more explicit about your needs and able to target employers more effectively. And you will be well rewarded with positive results.
© Wordscapes ® (David Turner). All Rights Reserved.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
open options The last attempt to connect to our servers failed. Please check your internet connection.