Ask yourself, “Why is work important to me?” Think of your personal values that you need to have fulfilled by a job. The following survey may help you better understand why you work.
- Think about how you would respond if someone asked you, “What is it that you like about working?”.
- Look at the following list, and check off those needs and values that you consider to be most important. Choose as many as possible.
– having control over the work activities of others
– working alone
– having a sense of success or accomplishment
– self-improvement and growth
– socializing and working with people
– time freedom (no specific working hours required)
– being recognized and appreciated
– providing quality service work
– being creative
– being the best
– hard work
– providing direction and leadership
– having vision (seeing the broad picture/issues)
– enjoyable and exciting work
– pleasant work environment and atmosphere
- Jot down any other needs and values not listed here
© Wordscapes ® (David Turner). All Rights Reserved.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]